Home > Developer Tools >Inno Setup 5.4.2
Inno Setup 5.4.2
Jordan Russell - 1.67M (Open Source)
Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs. First introduced in 1997, Inno Setup today rivals and even surpasses many commercial installers in feature set and stability.
- Support for all versions of Windows in use today: Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, Me, 98, 95, and NT 4.0. (No service packs are required.)
- Extensive support for installation of 64-bit applications on the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003. Both the x64 and Itanium architectures are supported. (On the Itanium architecture, Service Pack 1 is required to install in 64-bit mode.)
- Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported.
- Standard Windows 2000/XP-style wizard interface.
- Customizable setup types, e.g. Full, Minimal, Custom.
- Complete uninstall capabilities.
- Installation of files:
Includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA file compression. The installer has the ability to compare file version info, replace in-use files, use shared file counting, register DLL/OCX's and type libraries, and install fonts.
- Creation of shortcuts anywhere, including in the Start Menu and on the desktop.
- Creation of registry and .INI entries.
- Integrated Pascal scripting engine.
- Support for multilingual installs.
- Support for passworded and encrypted installs.
- Silent install and uninstall.
- Full source code is available (Borland Delphi 2.0-5.0).
- File Size:
- Open Source
- Mar 17, 2011
- 1616 (All versions: 5230)
- OS Support:
- Windows (All Versions)
- Jordan Russell
- MD5 Checksum:
* Windows 7 change:
- Added new [Icons] section flag: excludefromshowinnewinstall. Prevents a Start menu entry for a newly installed application shortcut from receiving a highlight on Windows 7 (or later). Ignored on earlier Windows versions.
* Compiler IDE change:
- Changed shortcut for Edit | Complete Word to Alt+Right (but still recognize Ctrl+Space). Reportedly, Ctrl+Space conflicts with the Chinese IME.
- Inno Setup Preprocessor: #include handling of '.\' and '..\' now treats such filenames as relative to the directory containing the current file, not to the current directory (which is undefined).
- On the 5.4.1 Unicode compiler, trying to build a multi-language installer while running under a DBCS code page could unexpectedly result in "Illegal null character" errors.
- On Unicode, string-type parameters passed to BeforeInstall and AfterInstall functions were being converted to ANSI.
Provides you the best software
BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with Bittorrent.
MPCSTAR is a full package of Video Player and Codecs.
CometBird is a lightweight, powerful, fast web browser.
MSN Messenger looks like you!
Adobe Reader is free software that lets you open, view, search, and print.
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager.